Yesterday Max met with his cardiologist and I happy to announce that Max has made a full recovery!!! I would say for the past 3 weeks Max has been more then a handful, he has engulfed every ounce of energy and patience from me. He has been cranky, not sleeping, not eating enough, throwing up, gaging on medication... and the worst part was that he was not himself. Normal Max is content, happy and easy going. Post-surgery Max has been fussy, irritated and quite demanding (I can't blame him considering what he went through). Well something changed this weekend. I don't know what happened but all of a sudden Max is back! No more crying, no more sad eyes, no more wailing for hours... our little boy is back to acting like himself. Phew!
So a happy Max went to meet with his cardiologist yesterday. Dr. King was extremely pleased with Max- oxygen levels are up, blood pressure is normal, heart rhythm is regular... AMAZING! In fact, while Dr. King was doing the examination Max was all smiles and coos. It was darling. Since our little trooper turned a corner and proved to Dr. King that he is ready to grow big and strong he was taken off his prescription formula (yahoo- no more vomit!) and he is down to only one prescription medication (yahoo again!).
It seems that we are out of the woods. Max is finally feeling better. We will still see Dr. King every few months to check on Max's heart and we know there is another surgery looming ahead in a few years but for now... Max gets to be Max! He gets to be a regular baby, doing regular baby things. That makes me SO happy to know that my baby does not have to hurt or be sad or be in the hospital any more!
Here is a picture of Max during the echocardiogram...
Dr. King does not like his picture taken so I was lucky to get this shot of the back of his head. Since it is a pediatric cardiology office there are all sorts of toys to distract the kids during the echo- mobiles, bubbles machine, books, DVD player, etc. Max will go see Dr. King again in 2 months. In the meantime we will be working on Max sleeping better at night and lifting his head when he is on his tummy. Good job Max!
8 comments:
So happy ... for all of you! Can't think of anyone who deserves a more restful, relaxing, "normal" summer. You did it!
I am so happy that Max is doing great! What a trooper that kid is...hooray for being off that gross formula and his many other meds. Now he can focus on being happy, growing big and strong, and on how BYU football will do this year.
Awesome! Congrats to the whole Kelly Family!
I'm so glad to hear that Max is doing better!! My prayers and thoughts have been with you guys! Wish I could have done more for you! Love you!!
YESSSSSSSSSSS!! So glad to hear he's himself again. If you get him sleeping through the night, could you give me a few hints?
Such good news!
Spencer, It is so good to catch up and get to hear about you & your families successes. We've only met once or twice. I've not seen you since Adam's farewell & have fond memories of you two and "the gallon challenge"...
I'm very impressed with your strength, dedication to school & success there (Congrats!!!), and your happy, sweet family! Your wife is amazing, your boys are darling, and you must be doing what the Lord wants-to bless your family like he has.
I hope that your new job, and the baby's recovery all go as smooth as possible! Your wife sure has her hands full. You two are my hero's-going through what you have. Nicely done! Keep it up.
Sincerely,
Camisha Deters Gollaher
(Adam's 1st cousin)
WOW...I finally finished reading your blog- up to Max's birth & all that has occurred between birth & today! You guys are TROOPERS!!! WAY TO GO MAX. Keep up the good work, and trust in the Lord. My baby girl was born Jan 30th-1 month later, and I feel so blessed it makes me teary! What a little spirit you have, and how strong you are...I am amazed. (I also have a healthy 3 yr old, just to give you a little info on my end. You can email me at missberklie@gmail.com and I will invite you to my blog- so you can see my little family! Sorry to snoop.) I am so glad everything is as good as it is- what a little miracle! Yeah...MIRACLE MAX. That's sounds good.
Post a Comment