I went in this morning for a growth ultrasound and a normal OB check-up. Max is getting so big! Right now he is measuring just over 7lbs! I still have 2 more weeks to go which means Max has the potential to be over 8 pounds by the time he is born. Yikes!
When I met with the doctor today he felt it was best to have an induction scheduled earlier rather then later. So we set the date- January 12th! If I have not gone into labor naturally before then I will be induced on Monday the 12th. We decided on Monday so that Max and I will have a full staff of doctors available all week since sometimes the staffing on the weekend does not include all the specialist we will need to meet with.
One other side note about my appointment... the technician that performed the ultrasound told me that he has worked with Dr. King (our cardiologist) a lot. He said if he ever had a child with a heart problem he would camp out in front of Dr. King's office to insure that he would be his child's doctor. According to him, Dr. King is the best out there. How reassuring to know that Max will be in such good hands.
When I met with the doctor today he felt it was best to have an induction scheduled earlier rather then later. So we set the date- January 12th! If I have not gone into labor naturally before then I will be induced on Monday the 12th. We decided on Monday so that Max and I will have a full staff of doctors available all week since sometimes the staffing on the weekend does not include all the specialist we will need to meet with.
One other side note about my appointment... the technician that performed the ultrasound told me that he has worked with Dr. King (our cardiologist) a lot. He said if he ever had a child with a heart problem he would camp out in front of Dr. King's office to insure that he would be his child's doctor. According to him, Dr. King is the best out there. How reassuring to know that Max will be in such good hands.
3 comments:
Yea! It is so comforting to know that there is a definite last day of pregnancy and of course Yea for little (or not so little) Max! Keep growing!!!
I'm so glad to hear the good news! We missed you while we were in Utah for Christmas. It's awesome knowing Max is in good hands. Hope everything goes as planned.
I can't believe it is so soon! How incredible that in just two weeks (or less?!) you will get to meet little Max officially. What a joy that will be to see him in person. And it sounds like he's growing so well -- all good news. I'm so happy you'll have the very best care. I know Heavenly Father guided all of that and He'll watch over you guys over th next few weeks. Love from Utah,
Monica & boys
Post a Comment