Today we had a false alarm. This afternoon I thought my water broke. I was feeling fluid trickle for a few hours at home. When I called my doctor's office they told me to go to the hospital so I could be examined to determine if my water actually broke or not. Well after going through the whole procedure of being checked in, answering all the health related questions, being hooked up to monitors and being examined by the doctor they said that the fluid I was leaking was not amnionic fluid so I was sent home. What was the fluid you ask- your guess is as good as mine. Being pregnant does some weird things to your body.
Having my doctor tell me to go the hospital I immediately felt adrenaline. I let myself get excited anticipating that today could be the day. We packed a hospital bag, grandma was here to watch Morgen, we had the camera battery charged... we thought we might have a baby today. It is hard to not feel disappointment and frustration that I now still have to wait. But at the same time I am so relieved. I was not ready for Max to arrive 2 weeks early. I still have a lot to do to feel "prepared" to bring a newborn home. Plus, throughout the entire pregnancy the doctors have told me that they want Max to get as big as possible so being 2 weeks early could have caused more complications.
Hopefully this won't happen again until it is the real thing. It sure made for an exciting afternoon though. And like Spencer's dad said, "How lucky that you got to do a test run!"
Me and Spencer heading off to the hospital... only to return 2 hours later!
Hopefully this won't happen again until it is the real thing. It sure made for an exciting afternoon though. And like Spencer's dad said, "How lucky that you got to do a test run!"

Me and Spencer heading off to the hospital... only to return 2 hours later!
2 comments:
I guess the good new is it was only 2 hours, sorry little mom, heres to waiting 2 more weeks, love you guys Marge'
How lucky to be so close to the hospital and have family so close that it wasn't a huge ordeal to go through. Great "test run" picture! Keep growing little Max!!
Post a Comment