Max was admitted to the hospital this morning for his second heart surgery. It is almost 9:00 and Max has been in surgery for about an hour already. Spencer and I are sitting in the waiting room. Waiting...
We have had a busy day already. The last time Max could eat this morning was 3:30. We both got up with him to feed him a bottle and give him some extra cuddles. 5:00 Spencer and I were both up and getting ready. 5:30 we woke Max up from a deep sleep to get in his car seat and we were off to the hospital. 5:45 Max was wide awake while we were driving and started sucking on his hands. 6:00 we checked in to the Pediatric Admitting Office. 6:30 Max had a pre-surgery check-up (weight, length, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, etc). 6:45 Max fell asleep in my arms. 7:00 we walked down to the surgery waiting room. 7:20 we met with Max's anesthesiologist and surgeon. 7:30 I handed my sleeping baby over to a nurse and he went through the double doors into the operating room.
We have had a busy day already. The last time Max could eat this morning was 3:30. We both got up with him to feed him a bottle and give him some extra cuddles. 5:00 Spencer and I were both up and getting ready. 5:30 we woke Max up from a deep sleep to get in his car seat and we were off to the hospital. 5:45 Max was wide awake while we were driving and started sucking on his hands. 6:00 we checked in to the Pediatric Admitting Office. 6:30 Max had a pre-surgery check-up (weight, length, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, etc). 6:45 Max fell asleep in my arms. 7:00 we walked down to the surgery waiting room. 7:20 we met with Max's anesthesiologist and surgeon. 7:30 I handed my sleeping baby over to a nurse and he went through the double doors into the operating room.
Spencer and I are a mix of emotions. There is no way to really explain how we are feeling at this point. I will say that it was easier for me to watch my baby go into the operating room because he was asleep. He look peaceful and calm. I can only hope that the anesthesia kicked in before he woke up and realized he was hungry, cold and not with mommy. We will hopefully get an update on the surgery and how Max is doing within the hour. We love you Max! Be strong!
Does this look like a baby who is going to have heart surgery in an hour? Max made us feel less nervous because he was being so sweet and cute while we were waiting this morning.
Max saying, "Don't worry dad!"

Sleeping in mommy's arms in the operating waiting room.
Last kiss from mommy.
6 comments:
We are praying for little Max today. Stay strong! That little video is so cute of him.
You are all in my prayers. I can't even imagine what it feels like to be in your shoes at this time. Max is very lucky to have such strong, caring parents.
We'll be thinking of you guys lots today. Max is sure one cute, tough little guy.
It sure is easier to hand them off when they are calm, isn't it? Abigail was doped up on Versed when she had her head surgery, so it was rather comical to watch her go down to surgery. We were laughing at our little dopehead. Hope everything goes well. Waiting is the worst, isn't it?
What a cute little boy. You must be very proud. We pray for Max and you. I know, it is very hard to wait.
Love
Christel
When you talked about handing your sleeping baby over, it made me cry. I can't imagine having that sort of courage.
I'm so happy that Max is doing well!
Post a Comment