Friday, April 24, 2009

Max is going home!!!

We made it! Max gets to go home today. The hospital is an amazing place. I am just in awe with the knowledge and experience of the doctors who have helped us. The nurses have all been so sweet and helpful. Along with all the care we received from the nursing staff and doctors there are some other things we will miss about the hospital...
-endless supply of free diapers, wipes and formula
-instant hot water tap (so easy when you need to warm bottles)
-as many clean wash clothes and blankets as we need
-the nurses changing dirty diapers
-crushed ice and juice
-watching TV in the middle of the day and not feeling guilty
-the sweet volunteers who would hold Max when I needed a break
-hand sanitizer available around every corner
-the "call" button to the nurse station
-our Case Managers- so helpful, caring and wonderful every step of the way
I could go on. I also could make a list of all the things we will not miss about the hospital but I would rather just focus on the positive things because today is our happy day- Max is going home!!! He did it! He was tough! He was strong! He is Mighty Max!

5 comments:

Deters said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad he gets to go home! That's really awesome. Very happy for you guys.
I hope you will be able to just enjoy your little Mighty Max just the way he is for a while now without having to worry about his heart too much.

Laura said...

Congratulations!! We are so glad that he is so strong and healthy and doing so well!

Katie said...

Hooray!!! I am so glad that he is healthy and strong enough to go home. What a tough kid....mighty he surely is.

Baller family said...

Yay! So glad he is home! That is great news!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Yippee! Discharge really is the best news, isn't it? And he looks great! So happy and smiley!