Monday, May 14, 2012

Day #1...

Checked in and feeling happy...

Walking to the OR waiting room and feeling a little loopy after getting some "happy medicine"...

Right after surgery, stable in the PICU...

Visit from brother after waking up...

Worried mommy...

First drink of apple juice. Tasted good but when he was done he said, "But I wanted a strawberry smoothie!"

4 comments:

Laura said...

Max looks fantastic! Already extubated and drinking! Way to go!!!!

Jen Lee said...

I thought Spencer was holding Morgen in that picture. I can't believe how well he looks (considering!) Way to go Mighty Max!!! And way to go Mighty Mommy for handling it all so well!!!!!! You are amazing!

Monica said...

I have to agree with everyone -- I am blown away by how good Max looks ... at least in pictures. It is heartbreaking to see him in that state, but I am so impressed by his progress. I know you have more long days ahead of you, but congratulations on the success so far. We're praying for you!

Anne Southwick said...

What a perfect sweet little man!! Love ya lots Max!!