Monday, May 14, 2012

Max = The Hulk...

Last night I asked Max if he was going to be strong during his surgery. He quickly responded, "I'm going to turn into The Hulk during my surgery." That comment typified Max! He is so strong and silly. 
Then this morning Max woke up at 4:30 a.m. and was calling for Mom and Dad. I went in there and snuggled my boy. I watched as he fell back asleep and smiled as he dreamed. I went back into our room at 5:30 a.m. to get Mary up and we got ready for the day. 
After waking Max up and giving him a huge snuggle, we walked him out to the car. He kept asking where we were going and why it was so early. We told him that we were going to the hospital for his surgery. 
On our way to the hospital, Max was really chatty. He talked about everything he saw. He also said, "Today, the doctors are going to fix a little piece of my heart that is broken, right?" He is such a tough little guy!
At the hospital, we were checked in right away and taken back to the "Day Surgery" location. Our nurse was real sweet. After getting his stats checked out - height, weight, prescriptions - we waited. Max got to watch Cars 2 (which he absolutely loved) and after about 15 minutes we were on our way.
Literally minutes later, the nurse and the doctor came in and wheeled our little boy away. Watching him being wheeled away was hard. We walked up to the waiting room and now we are waiting for our first update. We'll keep you all updated throughout the day. Please keep all your prayers and thoughts coming for our little Max! 
Max "The Hulk" Kelly on the way to the hospital...
(This post was written by Spencer)

No comments: