Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wrapped in love...

We have loved having Max's room decorated with all the hearts from everyone that cares about him. Another project that I wanted to do for Max was making him a quilt. We asked family members and a few close friends to contribute a square of fabric that I could piece together to make him a special quilt. I thought it would be so sweet to have Max snuggle up with his quilt, as if he was snuggling up with everyone that loves him most. Everyone sent such fun fabric and Max loves looking at all the squares, pointing out his favorites and trying to match who each fabric is from. He loves his "heart blanket" and I love what each square represents. We have had so much support, more than we ever expected, during this surgery and I know that is why Max's recovery has been going so well. Love is a magic medicine!

Each square is from someone who we love and who loves Max in return. Each square is different and was thoughtfully selected. The quilt turned out exactly how I wanted (with the help of my mom! Thank you!!!). It makes me happy looking at his "heart blanket" and it will be a treasure we will always keep. 

3 comments:

Jen Lee said...

It came out perfect!!!!!!!

Sharon said...

That turned out super cute!! Thanks for letting us be a part of it. And Max looks so cute all cuddled up in it!

Theresa Mooney said...

Too fun!!!