Thursday, May 3, 2012

Buddies...

One of the happiest moments for me as a mother is seeing my two boys play together. They really love each other and find the silliest things to do to entertain each other. The rules of their made-up games never make sense to me, but somehow they both understand when it is their turn, how to keep score and how to add challenges to their pretend game arena. They are buddies. Brothers, through and through. They complement each other in so many ways. Spencer and I laugh all the time about how completely different they are from one another in personality, but the combination of the two create some hysterical and joyful memories. 
They do pester each other; they are brothers after all. But most of the time they enjoy being together. They share a room and spend countless hours at night giggling and throwing stuffed animals across the room to the other's bed. Morgen knows how to let Max win sometimes or bend the rules a little during a game so that Max does not get frustrated. When they wake up from naps they almost always give each other a hug and say, " Hi brother! How was your sleep?" During lunch, Morgen finishes Max's vegetables when my back is turned and Max (so generously) offers to finish Morgen's desserts (I usually say no, although it is hard to turn down that sweet face, because of the lack of vegetable eating). 
They spend a lot of time together and are rarely apart. I'm a little nervous to see how they cope with being away from each other while Max is in the hospital. I hope it will be fine but I also have a feeling that they will both, at some point, really miss their brother. I am just so happy that I have two sweet boys who love each other as much as I love them! 

Here is one of the shenanigans they have been up to lately... pretending to be pregnant! I have NO idea where they came up with this. Maybe it is because I know quite a few ladies who are pregnant right now, but I honestly, I was shocked when I realized they were stuffing all their "puppets" (aka: stuffed animals) in their shirts and exclaiming, "I have babies growing in there!" They walk around rubbing their tummies and talk about the babies getting bigger. Then they eventually announce that it is time for the babies to "come out" so they start wiggling, twirling, jumping and pounding on their tummies until the puppets fall out. By this point, I am peeing my pants because I am laughing so much, which just eggs them on to go through the whole routine again and again. I know at some point I need to talk to them about how only mommies have babies in their tummies, not little boys, but why ruin their fun?! 
Both boys carrying triplets!

Chest bump... or tummy bump, not sure?
My favorite part of the video is at the end when Max says, "I got all my babies out. Ta-Dah!" 


1 comment:

Jen Lee said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! If only it were that easy :) What silly boys!