Friday night we took the boy's to Build-a-Bear. It was so much fun and the boys loved every minute of it! First, they pick out their favorite bear and stuffed it full of cotton fluff. This is Max giving his bear a "hug test" to make sure the bear is cuddly enough...

Next, they washed and fluffed their bear...
Next, they picked a name and create a birth certificate that gets printed out...
Finally, they got to take their new bears home and snuggle with them as they went to sleep!
After we got in the car, I explained to the boys why they got a new teddy bear. Right now the boy's share a room. While Max is in the hospital I am worried that they will miss each other. I thought having a new, special bear would help if they get lonely. If Morgen is missing his brother, he can give Lou Lou a hug and it will be like he is giving Max a hug! And if Max is missing his brother, he can give Buzz a hug and it will be like he is giving Morgen a hug. The boy's loved that idea and each gave their bears a big squeeze! This is going to be hard for Max to be in the hospital for so long and it will be hard for Morgen to have his schedule shifted around during that time, so I am glad we were able to make a special new "friend" for each of them so that they always feel loved and never feel lonely.
4 comments:
Morgen's face at the computer~ awesome!!! And I love the picture of Max snuggling his bear. What a great idea Mary!
Oh my goodness, this post makes me so happy! What great memories.
You're such an awesome mama. What a fun outing!!
What a nice family outing! You really are SO prepared for this surgery! You have thought of everything--I know it will go so smoothly!
Post a Comment