![]() |
| The view from where I am sitting right now... |
7 days in and Max is still doing great. I am running out of adjectives to describe how he is doing... amazing, fabulous, remarkable, great, super, fantastic, etc, etc. Last night I slept at home and Spencer stayed at the hospital with Max. It was a nice break and I slept like a log! It was fun to wake up and spend some time with Morgen, take a long, hot shower and check on my little house. I also had to say good-bye to my parents and sister who were here helping for the weekend (Thank you for EVERYTHING!!!). When I got to the hospital this morning Max was watching Kung Fu Panda, finishing breakfast and totally relaxed. Everything seemed the same as yesterday; however, once Max got out of bed I realized that he is heaps better than yesterday. He wanted to walk to the the game room rather than ride in the wagon. He was practically galloping down the hall and started running to beat Morgen to the elevator button. He is climbing up and down from chairs all by himself and just all smiles! I love it! My little boy is back! He still has his draining tubes in that can be uncomfortable but other than that, he is feeling good. His chest is starting to itch a lot too, but that just means the incision is healing.
His cardiologist did an exam and echo yesterday. He confirmed that everything with the surgery looked good- all the connections and stitching done during the operation look clean and are not leaking, Max's blood pressure is in the right range and his heart is pumping strong. The only concern he saw was a pocket of fluid around his heart that is not draining. They are going to give it a few more days to see if it drains naturally but if not, then they have a steroid drug that should help. His doctors indicated, based on the amount of fluid still draining, that Max should be here until at least Wednesday.
Right at this moment I am sitting on the couch with my feet up, Morgen is playing a video game on the computer while Spencer and Max are playing a fierce game of Foosball. It is so nice for us to all be in the same room and to relax together. I love my little family and I could not be prouder of my little warrior, Max!
![]() |
| Walking to the elevators in his new jammies! |


1 comment:
Marvelous! Stupendous! Awe-inspiring! Magnificent! Exceeds expectations! Confounding! Brilliant! Awesome! Exceptional! Astonishing! Outstanding! Extraordinary! Unbelievable! Astounding! Staggering! Phenomenal! Spectacular! Wondrous! Fascinating! Shocking! Impressive! Terrific! Tremendous! Capital! Exemplary! Famously! Immaculate!
Post a Comment